Single use blankets made from paper and plastic:
- Have relatively large holes, which introduce a substantial draught when the air flows through the holes at high velocity.
- Are non-sterile. The only acceptable reason to use single-use articles is to ensure sterility.
- Are only available in a few standardised shapes and sizes. Very often there is not a suitable blanket for the patient’s bed location, and valuable time is wasted by trying to fit an unfit blanket to the patient.
- Has to be tied and taped to stay in place. Tape is also necessary to exclude the draught from the surgery field. It is difficult and time-consuming to apply this tape.
- Are not comfortable and patient friendly, because the stiff materials makes it difficult to shape the blanket around the patient and adapt it to the particular bed position.
DUVAIR reusable warm air duvets made from textiles:
- Disperses the warm air around the patient by applying a low impulse blowing; a concept well known from the ventilating technique to obtain a complete non-draught blowing. Based on the numerous microscopic holes in the textile, the feeling of draught has been eliminated.
- Will not release fluffs or other particles in the operating theatre.
- Special designed duvets can be supplied according to customer need.
- The warm air duvets are available in many shapes to accommodate different bed locations as being used at various types of operations. This means the duvets can easily be adjusted to suit the actual bed location.
- Are comfortable and patient friendly as the soft material makes it easy to form the duvet around the patient. The patient will experience a high degree of well being when surrounded by the soft textile materials.